Friday, May 6, 2011

Coming Home

      Here it is again...the time has come.  The kids and I are counting down the days till we're in his arms again!  After 3 deployments the homecoming is always filled with same routines and feelings.  Words can't describe the goodbye and they can't give justice to the homecoming.  The butterflies will flutter, you have a glow, the children are tingling with excitement.  The house is spotless, the lawn freshly mowed, his favorite foods awaiting, the banner ready and the flag hung.
     Each time I go out to hang the flag the day he returns.  I stop, recounting the heartache since he's been gone.  Each time my eyes weld up and know each sacrifice our family made was worth this flag hanging with pride.  I take my first deep breath and smile, knowing another goodbye will come, but today is not the day to dwell.  My first deep breath, I can breathe again, all is well, he's safe and I know his eyes are welding as he hits US soil.  I can feel his relief from so far away still.
      I have 4-7 days left, and each bit of energy goes into the homecoming.  I will clean, cook, mother, and go as normal, but inside I know it's coming....fast.  It's exciting and hard to reunite and the anxieties are almost overwhelming.  Will he be distracted, will he feel comfort, will he be able to slow, will he be the man I said goodbye to...We'll work through it we always do.  What excitement is bustling in our home....for now we will have him home where he belongs till next time duty calls....

"Not everyone hears is.  It's just a few, but there's no denying it once you do.  When your country calls you do your part.  So H is for Honor in the American Heart."    

No comments:

Post a Comment